Sri Lanka still has not had time to recover from the terrible tragedy of the Tsunami as civil war has only exasperated the already fragile lives of those who live in Sri Lanka.
Families Relief was one of the few charities that provided immediate aid to the people of Sri Lanka after the Tsunami occurred. Since then Families Relief now has a permanent office in Sri Lanka, and is helping the people to recover and built a normal life as far as possible.
- After the devastation of the Tsunami, many villages have been left without nearby a water supply, which means that many rural villages have to walk miles to access the nearest water well.
- Help Families relief to build and maintain water wells that are in villages to grant the local people with a continuous clean water supply. The water well will help the independence of the villagers for the unforeseeable future.
- By providing clean accessible water to villages in Sri Lanka you will be helping them overcome the numerous struggles they continuously face due to a shortage of local water
Please note: the cost shown is for one tube well.
- Millions of children are orphaned and left to struggle for survival following the Tsunami. You can bring hope to an Orphan’s life and secure a brighter future by giving them the extra confidence and motivation they need to see their visions and dreams.
- Sponsor an Orphan today and provide a relationship which is missing in their support and development, but this is not a substitute to having parents.
- The sponsorship will help to reduce child poverty in the poorest communities of Sri Lanka where thousands have been left helpless.
- Through individual support programmes we aim to tailor for each Orphan’s needs. Your contribution will provide for schooling, food, clothing and healthcare which will help to provide them with a secure and stable future.
- Imagine what it must be like to be a parent and not being able to provide for your family and living in poverty. Poor people work very hard to survive and provide for their families and yet it is very difficult for them to improve their lives.
- The Family unit is largely affected due to the civil war in Sri Lanka and poverty which so many families face after the Tsunami
- We aim to support families through unique support programmes that aim to be tailored to each families needs and these are health, education, shelter and social welfare.
- Sponsoring a family in Sri Lanka will help them to relive the parents of the worry they face on a daily basis
- Thousands of Sri Lankans, who have lost everything during the Tsunami, now want to return back to their normal lives as far as possible and provide for their Families.
- Families Relief has launched the business startup scheme to help the people of Sri Lanka setup their own small business to earn a living for themselves and provide for their families and the community
- Examples of business start-ups include fishing merchants, bread distributers, goat sheering and sewing shops.
- Allow the people of Sri Lanka to provide for themselves by giving them the chance to startup a small business for themselves today
Please note: the cost shown is the average cost to set up a fishing/sewing business.